How to schedule an appointment:
|LOCATION||HOW TO SCHEDULE|
|BOUND BROOK||Click here to schedule an appointment at Bound Brook
or call (908) 458-8410 and ask to connect with a Staff Notary.
|HILLSBOROUGH||Click here to schedule an appointment at Hillsborough
or call (908) 458-8420 and ask to connect with a Staff Notary.
|MANVILLE||Click here to schedule an appointment at Manville
or call (908) 458-8425 and ask to connect with a Staff Notary.
|MONTGOMERY||Click here to schedule an appointment at Montgomery
or call (908) 458-8430 and ask to connect with a Staff Notary.
|NORTH PLAINFIELD||Click here to schedule an appointment at North Plainfield
or call (908) 458-8435 and ask to connect with a Staff Notary.
|PEAPACK & GLADSTONE||Temporarily unavailable.|
|SOMERVILLE||Online scheduling is not available for Somerville.
Call (908) 458-8445 x8448 and ask to connect with a Staff Notary.
|WARREN TOWNSHIP||Temporarily unavailable.|
|WATCHUNG||Online scheduling is not available for Watchung.
Call (908) 458-8455 and ask to connect with a Staff Notary.
Preparing for your appointment:
Document signers and witnesses (if required) must bring valid identification documents (IDs). Government-issued photo identification is required of any patron seeking notary service. A Staff Notary may decline to notarize a document if the signer cannot provide acceptable ID.
Document to be Notarized:
Be sure documents are complete and ready for signature. Certain notarial acts require the signer to sign in the presence of a notary. Staff Notaries will not notarize any document with blank spaces and are prohibited from helping you to prepare, complete, or understand legal documents.
Signers and Witnesses:
Document signers must be present at the time of notarization. SCLSNJ will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the Library.
- A notary appointment is generally limited to three notarial acts per visit.
- Staff Notaries may not notarize documents written in languages they do not read.
- Staff Notaries are not permitted to make use of interpreters to communicate with notary patrons.
- If a document does not contain a notarial certificate, a Staff Notary may explain the purpose of certain basic notarial acts so that the signer may make the best choice for their document. The signer may wish to consult legal counsel or the document’s creator or recipient prior to their appointment to determine the notarial act required.
- Copy certification is not an authorized notarial act in the state of New Jersey.
- Staff Notaries are not able to notarize USCIS Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Staff Notaries will not notarize documents that require specialized legal, financial, or technical knowledge.
- Staff Notaries are not attorneys licensed to practice law, may not give legal advice about immigration or any other legal matter, and may not accept fees for legal advice.
- Staff Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document, or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty for SCLSNJ. In this event, the Staff Notary may decline to provide notary service.
Call your local branch and ask to connect with a Staff Notary or email firstname.lastname@example.org.