- Somerset County Library System of New Jersey (SCLSNJ) will not share or sell website information with any third party except as required pursuant to the provisions of a valid court order. For more information, please view our policy on Confidentiality of Library Records.
- In order to improve the usefulness of the SCLSNJ website for visitors, anonymous statistical information is collected from usage reports that concern network traffic flow and volume. The information collected consists of:
- The domain name and IP address of the visitor, enabling SCLSNJ staff to troubleshoot issues with the server and to compile statistical reports
- The browser being used so that staff may better design the Web site to take full advantage of browser capabilities
- The default language set on browsers
- Usage patterns, allowing staff to see what options need to move closer to the top to enable users to get information as quickly as possible.
- To use SCLSNJ research resources remotely (from outside the Library), users must provide their SCLSNJ card number to verify eligibility to use the databases. Except when creating an account is required in order to use the resource (e.g. Overdrive), resource vendors do not have any other access to any user records or information.