Become part of the organization that is, “Transforming Lives & Strengthening Communities.”
The Somerset County Library System of New Jersey is proud to be a Library Journal “Star Library”.
Please click on the links below to open the PDFs to view our current full-time and part-time opportunities.
How to Apply:
- All materials need to be addressed to our Human Resources Department
- Human Resources reviews and scans all PDF or printed documents before they are sent to a Hiring Manager.
- We do not accept calls or emails about the status of your application.
- We will only consider applications for positions that are currently open and posted on this website.
- You must fill out your application entirely including specific hours you are available to work. i.e – not TBA or TBD.
External Applicants must submit the following 3 items with the job title and job ID number on all documents:
How do we accept submissions:
- Send via email: PDF attachments via email – zip files, png, and jpegs will be discarded immediately and not reviewed.
- Mail or dropped off at a branch during library business hours only.
- If you drop off documents, please place them in a sealed envelope. Do not drop off loose papers.
What if I see more than one position that may be a good fit?
- You may apply for more than one job, at the same time.
- If you apply to more than one branch, you need to complete a separate application for each job, so that each branch may receive a copy of your materials to review.
- The envelope must be addressed to Human Resources.
- Email submissions are only accepted through our Human Resources email address: email@example.com
- Job seekers may call our 24/7 hotline at 908-458-8495 to hear about available openings and upcoming career information sessions
What are the next steps in the process?
- Due to the large volume of applications and resumes that are received, SCLSNJ will only notify candidates if they are selected for an interview.
- We do not use 3rd party recruiters or hiring services to recruit for SCLSNJ. Please let us know about any scam calls.
- If a candidate is selected, our Human Resources Department will contact candidates via phone and email to schedule an interview.
- If the interview is scheduled as a virtual meeting, you must be prepared to receive and access the virtual invitation from Human Resources. We do not assist with technical setup for candidates.
Please note the following:
- We do not accept unsolicited phone calls about the status of job postings or available openings.
- A resumé will not be accepted in lieu of all requested materials we require to apply.
- Open positions are placed on the website as they become available and are generally posted for up to two weeks.
- All positions are year-round. We do not have temporary or seasonal jobs at any time.
For information about new job openings:
- Please visit our website frequently.
- You may also follow our social media career pages on LinkedIn and Facebook.
- You may sign up for job alerts for upcoming virtual information session events.
Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of State and local government must reside in the State of New Jersey, unless exempted under law.
The Somerset County Library System of New Jersey is an equal-opportunity employer. Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle at the Somerset County Library System of New Jersey where employment opportunities, development, and advancement are based on job qualifications without discrimination based on race, sex, gender, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, domestic partnership (as defined by the Domestic Partnership Act, N.J.S.A. 26:8A-1 to 10), civil union partnership (as defined in P.L. 2006, c. 103) or physical or mental handicap or disability or perception of physical or mental handicap or disability (collectively, “protected status”) in its employment policies or practices or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Somerset County Library System of New Jersey’s commitment to equal opportunity is applied to all personnel policies and practices, including but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination as well as social and recreational activities. SCLSNJ.org will make reasonable accommodations for employees and job applicants with disabilities.
The library respects the diversity that exists within our community and among our employees and strives to maintain a workplace culture based on inclusiveness where respect, equity, and positive recognition of differences are cultivated.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Somerset County Library System of New Jersey provides reasonable accommodation. If you request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Somerset County Library System of New Jersey.