If you know the name of the magazine that you’d like to find, type the name of the magazine in our catalog. If that title is available electronically, the listing will include a link to online resources.
If you are looking for articles, type your search in the box above, and make sure you select Articles & Research. We have access to thousands of magazines and journals online, and you can always ask us if you need help with your search.
To request an item from a different SCLSNJ branch to be held for you to pick up, or to put yourself on the waiting list for a popular item, place a hold.
- After you find the item you’re looking for, click on “Place Hold”. You will then be asked for your library card number and your PIN number. If you don’t know your PIN, try the last 4 digits of your phone number, and if that doesn’t work call, email the library or click here. We’ll be glad to help you.
- If the title you would like is currently checked in and you plan on coming to the library that day, feel free to call the library and have us pull it off the shelf for you.
- If you plan on placing a hold on more than one item, it is a good idea to log into your account first. Then, as you search for each book you will only need to click on “Place Hold” rather than re-entering your information for each request.
Suspend a Hold
“Suspending” is an option available in your library record. “Suspending” a hold allows you to keep your place in line while waiting for a book. For example, you know you are going to be out of town next week, but you are number 2 on the holds list. You’ve been waiting for a particular title for a long time and it looks like the book you’ve been waiting for will come in while you’re away. “Suspending” keeps your place in line until you’re ready to release the hold, just like letting people go in front of you in line at the store.
To renew items you have checked out you can call us at 908-458-8408 use the SCLSNJ app or log into your account.
- You will then be asked for your library card number and your PIN number. (If you don’t know your PIN, try the last 4 digits of your phone number, and if that doesn’t work call or email the library. We’ll be glad to help you.)
- When in your record, to Renew items, click the # items currently checked out link.
- Check the box in the Renew column after the title, then click the Renew Selected button. (Not all items may renew; please scroll down for the new due date.)
The catalog search is automatically set to search for keywords. If you would like to search by author, title, subject, or series, click the down arrow and select your desired search and type in your information.
The default search is set for all “Somerset County Libraries”. If you would like to search the catalog of a particular library, click the down arrow and choose that library. The catalog will then display the records we have for that title. The reason we may have more than one record for a particular title is because each title may have a regular print book, a large print book, a CD audio book, or a cassette audio book. The record can tell you a number of things at a glance. The title, author, and availability are displayed. The published date is in the top right hand corner. Underneath that is a picture of the material type. Circulation availability will tell you how many copies are checked in and where they can be located. See below for library codes. “No copies available” means that all copies are checked out and/or are on hold. Click on “full record” to learn when copies are due back or the number of holds already placed on the item.
Important Information on Library Codes:
To determine which library has the item checked in, take a look at Circulation Availability. The codes for each library as are follows:
NP= North Plainfield
WV=Washington Valley Station (items cannot be reserved)
BG=Branchburg Station (items cannot be reserved)