In order to support students, parents and caregivers, and educators navigate the educational shift towards virtual and/or hybrid learning, SCLSNJ has created the Supportive Assistance for Education (S.A.F.E.) Families initiative. Students, parents and caregivers, and educators will be able to connect to librarian-curated virtual learning resources, services, and programming easily and effectively.
- Resources to assist with research papers, test prep, and self-guided learning;
- Children, tween, and teen enrichment programs;
- Language learning resources and programs, including English language learning;
- Programs for children with disabilities.
For Parents and Caregivers
- Support for navigating Google Classroom and Seesaw;
- Resources for early literacy support through SCLSNJ’s SOARING program;
- Language learning resources and programs for both your student and yourself;
- County and State managed community support groups.
- Training opportunities for teachers;
- Interactive wellness programs;
- Ability to schedule live virtual school visits or pre-recorded visits by a librarian;
- Opportunities for classrooms and/or schools to participate in upcoming SCLSNJ virtual author visits.