SCLSNJ Job and Career resources include:
- Classes and business programs
- Books, databases and other free library materials
- Wi-fi, computers, printing, scanning, and copying, available at all SCLSNJ branches
- Skilled librarians who can help you find what you need — Just ask !
Want to gain skills or work on your resume?
- Try Learning Express Library for core skills, computer skills and career preparation
- Lynda.com is an online learning platform where you can gain business, software, technology and creative skills
- Job and Career Accelerator specializes in finding a career match and exploring occupations and tools to get hired
- If you are a veteran, visit Institute for Veterans and Military Families for programs in career, vocational and entrepreneurship education and training
- Visit us for resume assistance
Searching for jobs?
- Current Somerset County Library System job opportunities
- More opportunities to work for Somerset County Government
- The Greater Raritan One Stop Career Center – The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board, serving Somerset and Hunterdon counties, connects employers and job seekers through a variety of services, including the Greater Raritan One Stop Career Centers, career development workshops and coaching, recruitment events, and SkillUp Greater Raritan, a free e-learning portal. Text OneStop to 565-12 for a weekly text alert about upcoming programs.
- New Jersey Career Connections is a comprehensive website that takes you through the process of planning, preparing and succeeding at gaining employment
- NJworks.org offers statewide resources for job searchers
- Try ReferenceUSA‘s 44+ million company profiles for more job listings (provided by the NJ State Library through Jerseyclicks.org)
- Apprenticeship Finder allows you to find apprenticeship opportunities by career path or location
- USAJOBS.gov provides access to job searching in the federal government
Making a career change?
- Check out the Occupational Outlook Handbook for information on education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
- Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center provides detailed profiles of more than 3,300 jobs and 94 industries
- O*NET Resource Center is the nation’s primary source of occupational information. Access the O*NET database, career exploration tools, job analysis questionnaires, employer guides, and technical reports
- O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more