The U.S. Census count is about to begin and for the first time in history you can complete the survey online. All 10 branches at the Somerset County Library System of New Jersey (SCLSNJ) are safe, secure, easily-accessible locations to fill out your Census survey.
SCLSNJ branch locations:
- Bound Brook branch, located at 402 East High Street in Bound Brook.
- Bridgewater branch, located at 1 Vogt Drive in Bridgewater.
- Hillsborough branch, located at 379 South Branch Road in Hillsborough.
- Manville branch, located at 100 South 10th Avenue in Manville.
- Mary Jacobs branch, located at 64 Washington Street in Rocky Hill.
- North Plainfield branch, located at 6 Rockview Avenue in North Plainfield.
- Peapack & Gladstone branch, located at the Municipal Complex on School Street in Peapack.
- Somerville branch, located at 35 West End Avenue in Somerville.
- Warren Twp. branch, located at 42 Mountain Boulevard in Warren Twp.
- Watchung branch, located at 12 Stirling Road in Watchung.
“We recommend that you use one of the Library’s internet computers to respond to the Census at an SCLSNJ branch location,” said Lynn Hoffman, director of operations. “When you use the Library’s internet computers, we don’t keep track of any information about who you are or what you’re doing. Your internet history is discarded as soon as you log out, and any information you submit for the Census will only be available to the Census Bureau.”
The decennial count helps shape the future of the community by determining how hundreds of billions of dollars are allocated across the country.
“The 2020 Census is fast-approaching,” said Nicole Pascoe, civic services supervisor. “It is important that you respond to the Census to help our community get its fair share of the federal funds spent on schools, hospitals, roads, public works, libraries, and other vital programs. Make sure you count everyone living in your home, including newborn babies and young children.”
Invitations to respond to the 2020 Census will be delivered between March 12-20. Once you receive that invitation, you can respond online, by phone, or by mail. For questions about the upcoming count contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit SCLSNJ.org/census.