Rules and How to Enter
- Entries will be accepted March 5-24, 2018.
- Download the Library Card Art Contest template or pick up a template at any SCLSNJ Library branch.
- Download the Design Contest Release Form or pick up at any SCLSNJ Library branch.
- All submissions must be created on the template supplied by the Library.
- Designs must incorporate books and/or reading.
- Each submission must be the creative and original work of a single individual (no copies of cartoons or artwork created by other people).
- Words may be incorporated only as graphic elements.
- One entry per Somerset County resident.
- SCLSNJ reserves the right to reproduce your work.
- SCLSNJ employees, judges, and their families are not eligible to enter the contest.
- All entries along with a signed release form must be submitted to any SCLSNJ branch or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on March 24, 2018.
- Use of derogatory language or imagery.
- Use of copyrighted materials (including cartoons, excerpts from books, etc.).
- Entries do not incorporate reading and/or libraries.
All eligible entries will be posted on Facebook (facebook.com/SCLSNJ) for online voting from April 9-22, 2018. There will be two categories: Children (birth – 12) and Teen/Adult (13 – adult). You may also vote in person, call your local branch, or email your name and vote to email@example.com. The top 10 from each category will be notified by April 24.
The 10 entries in each category with the most likes will move to the next round of voting. A panel of esteemed judges will vote on one winner from each age category on April 25, 2018. Cards will be judged based on creativity, design, and incorporation of reading/libraries. The runners-up will have their art turned into a bookmark available at all ten branches of SCLSNJ.
A ceremony for the top 20 designs from Facebook will be held at the Hillsborough Library branch on May 19, 2018, from 2-5 p.m. Winners will be notified so that they can plan to attend the ceremony.