Rules and How to Enter
- Entries will be accepted March 5-24, 2018.
- Download the Library Card Art Contest template or pick up a template at any SCLSNJ Library branch.
- Download the Design Contest Release Form or pick up at any SCLSNJ Library branch.
- All submissions must be created on the template supplied by the Library.
- Designs must incorporate books and/or reading.
- Each submission must be the creative and original work of a single individual (no copies of cartoons or artwork created by other people).
- Words may be incorporated only as graphic elements.
- One entry per Somerset County resident.
- SCLSNJ reserves the right to reproduce your work.
- SCLSNJ employees, judges, and their families are not eligible to enter the contest.
- All entries along with a signed release form must be submitted to any SCLSNJ branch or emailed to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on March 24, 2018.
All entries will be evaluated for appropriateness. SCLSNJ reserves the right to deny entry to any submission on the basis of:
- Use of derogatory language or imagery.
- Use of copyrighted materials (including cartoons, excerpts from books, etc.).
- Entries do not incorporate books and/or reading.
The final decision on inappropriate entries will be made by the County Library Administrator.
All eligible entries will be posted on Facebook (facebook.com/SCLSNJ) for online voting from April 11-29, 2018. There will be two categories: Children (birth – 12) and Teen/Adult (13 – adult). You may also vote in person, call your local branch, or email your name and vote to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entrants from each category will be notified by April 30 if they have moved onto the next round of voting.
The 10 entries in each category with the most likes will move to the next round of voting. A panel of esteemed judges will vote on one winner from each age category on May 2, 2018. Cards will be judged based on creativity, design, and incorporation of books/reading. The runners-up will have their art turned into a bookmark available at all ten branches of SCLSNJ.
A ceremony for the top 20 designs from Facebook will be held at the Hillsborough Library branch on May 19, 2018, from 2-5 p.m. Winners will be notified so that they can plan to attend the ceremony.