Mobile hotspots are small devices that allow internet access via Wi-Fi through cell phone towers. They enable users to connect their personal devices such as tablets and laptops to the internet.
SCLSNJ customers are able to checkout a mobile hotspot for a loan period of three weeks; customers may also find (non-reservable) hotspots on the Lucky Day shelf for a loan period of 10 days.
Connecting to the Mobile Hotspots:
- Turn on your Wi-Fi enabled device and power up the hotspot.
- Go to your Wi-Fi settings page and search for library hotspot.
- Enter the password SCLSNJwifi and connect to the Internet.
- 15 Wi-Fi enabled devices can be connected to the hotspot.
Fines and Fees:
- $1 per day late fee.
- $100 replacement cost.
- $5 for lost cord or charger.
- $2 for lost case.
- Devices may be renewed if there are no holds; Lucky Day devices cannot be renewed.
- Devices can be returned in the bookdrop.
Using the Mobile Hotspot:
- To turn on your 4G LTE Wireless Mobile Hotspot, press and hold the power button until the screen turns off.
- To turn it off, press and hold the power button until the shut down screen appears. Press ok on the screen to power off.
- To wake the 4G LTE Wireless Mobile Hotspot display, press and release the power button.
- Ensure the device is charged and powered on.
- Restart both devices.
- Mobile hotspots will only work in the United States.
For questions or feedback, email InternetOnTheGo@sclibnj.org
To view the availability of mobile hotspots and to place a hold, click here