Throughout the month of August, discover the art of the Somerset County Library System of New Jersey’s (SCLSNJ) Library Technician Krista Cardenas at SCLSNJ’s Bound Brook Memorial Library branch, located at 402 East High Street in Bound Brook.
Cardenas’ original works are drawings created with colored pencil and outlined in black marker. The seven-piece collection, titled “Found and Haunted,” was inspired by the artist’s personal journey and life experiences.
“I want my collection to encourage others to know that even if we go through tough stages, life is still beautiful and our trials help shape us into the people we’re meant to be,” said Cardenas.
Influenced by her father, Cardenas began drawing at a young age. She grew up admiring her father’s oil paintings, which decorated her family’s walls.
“I started drawing because I knew that I wanted to be just like my Dad,” said Cardenas. “As I continued to grow as an artist, my love for art turned into a full blown lifestyle.”
Explore the art and more that inspires the artist:
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon
- The Make Good Art Speech by Neil Gaiman
- The Chesley Awards for Science Fiction and Fantasy Art by John Grant
- Aspire: 200 Projects to Strengthen Your Art Skills by Valerie Colston
- Pavement Chalk Artist by Julian Beever
- The Art of Faery compiled by David Richie
- Drawing and Painting Fantasy Landscapes and Cityscapes by Rob Alexander
The collection will be on display through August 31 during regular hours of operation. To connect with “Found and Haunted” visit SCLNJ’s Bound Brook Memorial Library branch, located at 402 East High Street in Bound Brook. For branch hours visit: sclsnj.org/about/branch-locations.