SCLSNJ has a business center at the Warren Township Library branch, located at 42 Mountain Boulevard in Warren Township.
“According to the Small Business Administration, small businesses made up 64 percent of net new private-sector jobs and 49.2 percent of private-sector employment in 2012,” said Cathy DeBerry, adult services librarian at SCLSNJ’s Warren Township Library branch and lead staff member for the business space. “The librarians at our library system recognize the importance of this entrepreneurial spirit to the nation’s economy. By creating this space, we hope to help support the aspirations of the small business owner and business professional by providing online business resources, notary services, fax services, librarian-curated business materials, and a dedicated working space and conference room.”
The area, made possible by a bequest from successful local business owner and longtime library patron George Dealaman, was recently created to better serve those who use SCLSNJ as their Office on the Go. The space includes charging stations for devices, a reservable conference room with accessible white board and projection screen, a librarian-curated business book and periodical collection, a display screen dedicated to business news and updates, a credit card operated fax machine, a managed space to collaborate, and one-on-one business-focused librarian assistance.
Call the Warren branch to reserve SCLSNJ’s Business Center: 908-754-5554 or email email@example.com
- The Business Conference Room (BCR) can only be scheduled for hours SCLSNJ’s Warren Township Library branch is open to the public and meetings must end 15 minutes prior to library closing times.
- To ensure equitable access to the BCR, the library reserves the right to limit access to the conference room as needed.
- The BCR can be used by business owners and professionals for training and interviewing purposes and for organizational and business meetings with prospective and/or existing clients and business partners.
- The BCR is available for use by individuals and groups on a walk-in basis as long as it has not been previously reserved by another organization or individual for that time period.
- The BCR is not available for use by individuals or groups that are offering seminars or conducting direct sales in order to solicit customers or business for their organizations
- Groups may advertise their use of the BCR through membership lists, private emails lists, opt-in marketing lists or other channels that reach a pre-defined group of members. Any advertisements must include the following: SCLSNJ’s Warren Township Library branch does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meetings or meeting room users.
- Groups, businesses, and individuals may not use the library’s name, address, or telephone number as their official address or contact information. They also may not publicize their meeting or event in such a way as to imply library sponsorship. Use of the BCR in no way implies library sponsorship or endorsement of any business or outside organization.
- Food and non-alcoholic drink are allowed in the BCR as long as the individual, organization or business owner removes the trash from the building. Groups, business owners and individuals are responsible for their own set-up of chairs, tables, and other arrangements, and must return the room to the condition in which it was found. Set-up and cleanup must occur within the reserved time for the meeting. Tobacco products and e-cigarettes are not permitted.
- The library reserves the right to deny meeting room use to any organization that does not comply with the regulations set forth in this document and the SCLSNJ Library Rules of Conduct.
- The branch manager or designated representative will review requests to use the business conference room as needed.
- In case of cancellation on the organization’s part, the library should be notified as far as in advance as possible. In weather emergencies, those who have booked the conference room should call the library or visit the library’s website to check for closings.
- The maximum amount of time any individual, organization or business owner can use the room at one sitting is three (3) hours.
- The room capacity is 8 people.