The Mysterious Mornings group met this morning and talked about their favorite mysteries starring American Male PIs. If it was mystery or thriller and it featured a main character that was male and employed as a private investigator, it fit this month’s subgenre.
Here are the group favorites listed by author and their series main character:
- Belzer, Richard (Richard Belzer)
- Chandler, Raymond (Philip Marlowe)
- Coleman, Reed Farrel (Moe Prager)
- Cussler, Clive (Isaac Bell)
- Deutermann, P.T. (Cam Richter)
- Gallison, Kate (Nick Magaracz)
- Greenleaf, Stephen (John Marshall Tanner)
- Lescroart, John (Wyatt Hunt)
- Maleeny, Tim (Cape Weathers)
- Mosley, Walter (Easy Rawlins)
- Parker, Robert B. (Spenser)
- Spiegelman, Peter (John March)
- Spillane, Mickey (Mike Hammer)
- Tierney, Ronald (Dietrich Shanahan)
- Tremblay, Paul (Mark Genevich)
- Vachss, Andrew H. (Burke)
Interesting in joining in on a Mysterious Morning discussion? A list of suggested authors and titles are available at the Bridgewater Library and books will be on display about a month prior to the discussion. (If you’re a voracious mystery reader you can read more than one.) Our next theme/subgenre is Dogs and Cats Solving Mysteries Together!
If it’s a mystery and it features a main character that is not human, then it fits this month’s sub-genre. Just keep in mind how main character’s species affects the unfolding of the mystery because that’ll be a major talking point at our discussion on Wednesday, May 18th at 9:30am at the Bridgewater Library.