SCLSNJ is committed to providing volunteer opportunities that are meaningful for both the volunteer and the library, and that help us transform lives and strengthen communities.
There are many ways to volunteer! Just stop by your local library, email or call for more information.
We try to match the library’s needs with an adult’s skills, resulting in volunteer opportunities such as:
- Helping to reshelve returned items and keep shelves neat
- Helping with support tasks at the Checkout Desk
- Helping patrons at the Bridgewater Customer Service Desk
- Working on special projects related to technology or marketing
- Home Delivery of materials to people who can’t visit the library themselves
- Assisting with knitting and crocheting groups
- Working on the library’s landscaping and horticulture
- Acting as Program Assistants to help library staff with events and activities
- Helping with clerical and office tasks
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, or if you have other skills you’d like to share, please fill out the SCLSNJ Adult Volunteer Application.
Earn community service hours at your library! We have volunteer opportunities available for teens during the school year and over the summer. Check your local branch to see what opportunities are available.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities by SCLSNJ Branch