The Somerset County Library Commission is the governing board for the Somerset County Library System. The Commission is composed of seven residents of Somerset County, appointed by the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders for five year terms. One member of the Freeholder Board also serves as a liaison between the Commission and the Freeholders.
The Library Commission sets all policies for Somerset County Library System, including operating and personnel policies. The Commission meets at 7 PM on the first Wednesday of each month (except July), as follows:
- February 7 at SCLSNJ’s Bridgewater Library branch
March 7 at SCLSNJ’s Bridgewater Library branch (Rescheduled to March 12)
- April 4 at SCLSNJ’s Warren Township Library branch
- May 2 at SCLSNJ’s Hillsborough Library branch
- June 6 at SCLSNJ’s Bridgewater Library branch
- July 11 (tentative) at SCLSNJ’s Hillsborough Library branch
- September 5 at SCLSNJ’s Hillsborough Library branch
- October 3 at SCLSNJ’s Bridgewater Library branch
- November 7 at SCLSNJ’s Bridgewater Library branch
- December 5 at SCLSNJ’s Hillsborough Library branch
- January 9, 2019 at SCLSNJ’s Bridgewater Library branch
Commission meetings are open to the public.
From time to time vacancies occur on the Library Commission. Anyone interested in serving on the Commission may complete an application and return it to the library. Applications are kept on file for 3 years.
The email address for the Library Commission is email@example.com.
Somerset County Library Commission Members
Donald J. Rica, Chairman
Brian K. Auger, Secretary/County Library Administrator
Brian Gallagher, Freeholder Liaison
Bevan, Mosca, Giuditta, P.C. , General Counsel
Eric M. Bernstein & Associates, LLC, Labor Counsel
Somerset County Library Commission Meeting Agendas
Somerset County Library Commission Meeting Minutes (Minutes are posted after approval)
Somerset County Library Commission Meeting Resolutions
Somerset County Library Commission Meeting Signed Resolutions & Financials
Library Commission Member Form
Open Public Records Act Form